The CUNA Operations, Sales & Service Council is pleased to offer scholarships to qualifying candidates interested in attending the CUNA OpSS Council Conference. This year's conference will be held September 28-October 1, 2016 at the Cosmopolitan Hotel of Las Vegas.
Scholarships will be awarded up to a maximum of $2,500 and can be used for combined expenses (including travel) relating to the CUNA OpSS Council Conference. Scholarships will be approved prior to attendance at the conference or school, but reimbursed after proof of attendance is provided. It is a requirement that the recipients stay at the hotel in which the conference takes place.
To be eligible for a CUNA OpSS Council scholarship, interested individuals must meet the following requirements:
- Credit union must be affiliated with CUNA.
- One CUNA scholarship per person per calendar year across all CUNA Councils.
- Maximum scholarship per calendar year cannot exceed $2,500 per credit union.
- Credit union must demonstrate a financial need (as determined by selection committee). A limit of two scholarships per credit union per year.
- Applicant must be a current member of the CUNA OpSS Council.
- Requests must be for the CUNA OpSS Council Conference.
- Must be a full-time employee of your credit union. Recipients may receive a scholarship for two consecutive years, but must then wait at least one year before re-applying.
- If awarded a scholarship, must be willing and able to take an active role in the OpSS Conference success. May be asked to assist with duties such as registration, assisting speakers, etc. at Conference. Must attend the Conference in its entirety.
How to Enter
The application form must be completed and submitted online. The steps below outline exactly how to enter.
- Register an Account
- Create Your Application
- Upload Digital Files
- Submit Application
LOGIN - to begin entry process
With your completed application form, submit the following:
- An executive summary (professional resume) detailing your work experience, education (including formal and specialized), extracurricular activities (e.g., committees, chapter, league, or community involvement), and awards (inside or outside the credit union industry).
- A 300 (maximum) -word narrative demonstrating your financial need and commitment to the operations segment of the credit union industry. The essay must also express operation’s role in achieving the vision for your credit union and how your continuing professional development will contribute toward achievement of this vision and fulfillment of your operations development goals.
- Professional references (at least two).
- A reference letter from the applicant’s CEO attesting to the need for financial aid and the qualifications of the applicant.
The application and collateral materials must be submitted no later than August 15, 2016.
Applicants will be notified of the status of their application by August 26, 2016.
If you have questions about the entry process such as your login credentials, please contact CUNA Councils at 1-800-356-9655, ext. 4047 or firstname.lastname@example.org.