Succession Planning: A Business Necessity
PRE-CONFERENCE WORKSHOP (Additional charge of $165 for Council members and $205 for non-members)
Deborah Jeffries, PHR, CPC, Vice President, HR Answers, Inc., Tualatin, OR
~ Sponsored by Credit Union Resources, Inc.
Planning for both the foreseen and unexpected absences of people who hold key roles in an organization is a task which we as employers often avoid or engage in only in an informal manner. Without concentrated effort on this activity, known as succession planning, a business that has been successful can quickly fail if one or more of its leaders are lost. When succession planning is carefully conducted and the plan periodically reviewed, extended and costly vacancies can be avoided. Succession planning has to be a priority for every business and should be part of its strategic business plan.
This program will cover:
- Define succession planning.
- Ensure that the succession plan aligns and supports the broader organizational strategy, goals and objectives.
- Identify and retain critical organizational competencies.
- Identify succession planning approaches (and steps) that meet the specific needs of your organization.
- Define current and future organizational needs (development plans) that are critical to organizational success.
FIRST-TIME ATTENDEE ORIENTATION
Meet Your Sponsors