Refreshments During Registration
~ Sponsored by Duncan-Williams, Inc.
Strategy and Strategic Acumen for CFO's
PRE-CONFERENCE WORKSHOPS (Additional charge of $165 for Council members and $205 for non-members)
Evan Berrett, Founding Partner, Strategy Gurus Corp., Salt Lake City, UT
~ Sponsored by Kohl Advisory Group
Evan Berrett is a strategy consultant and expert in building strategic acumen in leaders. He facilitates strategic alignment and war gaming events across the world and provides strategic acumen training to executives. He will present strategy concepts and high-impact strategy tools that can be leveraged by leaders to help them navigate through competitive waters. Additionally, he will outline critical skills that leaders much hone and leverage to become better strategic thought leaders.
Tools will include:
- Burgleman's Strategy Framework - used to determine strategic alignment with internal and external forces.
- The Porter-Plus Tool - a tool used to assess strategic situations, landscape forces and market impact.
- Differentiation Thinking - how cost value and other differentiation models can be used to provide the foundation for differentiation, strategic focus and execution.
- Strategy Story - how to articulate the strategy story that needs to be heard by the organization to align strategic execution efforts.
Participants will be able to:
- Articulate the strategy story that they must communicate to their organizations.
- Identify critical strategy skills to be leveraged for strategic leadership.
- Understand the foundations of strategy including what ‘good and bad’ strategy looks like.
- Know how to use key strategy tools, when to use them, and how to use them to create strategy and analyze strategic situations.
FIRST-TIME ATTENDEE ORIENTATION
~ Sponsored by ProfitStars